11.10.2007

I'm a new aunt!!

So my SIL had her baby over the week while I've been watching my nephew, their first born, and I thought I would make her a card. I'm most excited about this baby because it's my VERY FIRST niece from my brother. He already has 4 boys, so he finally hit the target with a little girl. I can't wait to meet her, I'm sure she'll be gorgeous as my SIL is African American. All my nephews have been the cutest with dimples and long curly hair. Anywho, I'm going to meet her tomorrow when I drop off my nephew since they're ready for him to come home. I made this card, but not too happy with it because I couldn't find a cute caramel color for her skin, so I made her tan. Not my best by far. This card measures 4 X 4 and it was also done with Beate's sketch for this weekend (WSC27).


Supplies:
CS: Lavender Lace, Pretty In Pink, & Whisper White
DP: Prints Almost Amethyst
Stamps: Baby Firsts & Curvy Verses
Ink: Basic Black & Prismacolor Markers
Embellishments: Paper flower & button (Autumn Leaves)
Others: Piercing Tool

4 comments:

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What fun you will have with her!

Maria said...

Hey Gabby! Congratulations to your brother and SIL!!

Your card looks fabulous. I love how you added the cute flower! Great job!

Maria

Gabby said...

Posting this for Beate since she can't post:

Gabby,

Your card is adorable! Congratulations on becoming an aunt! I am waiting for my SIL to have her first baby any day now!

I tried to comment on your blog, but my computer switches to the dell page after about 5 seconds of seeing your blog. I had that with another blog before. It stopped doing that after a while. So sorry I couldn't comment there! Thanks so much for participating in the challenge.

Hugs and smiles







Beate Johns

My Stampin' Up! website

My Splitcoast Gallery

My blog: Fresh & Fun