Now here I thought of another way to color them! Only my way takes more time and patience depending on how many baubles you wanna "color"! Ok...so here goes:
~Mike's clear "baubles"
~Embossing Powders (you can even use scented!!!)
~Heat gun (embossing gun)
~Embossing ink (Versamark maybe?)
1. Grab a clear bauble and turn it upside down (belly to the bottom).
2. Heat ONLY the tip of any piercing tool you may have. (I used my heat gun to heat it up)
3. Insert (or stab as my DD says) the piercing tool tip right in the middle of the bauble.
4. Dab either your embossing ink pad (I used Versamark) ON TO the bauble OR paunce your bauble on to the pad until it's "saturated" the dome part (belly) of the bauble.
5. Have your embossing powder open before step 4 to be ready and then DIP your bauble still on the pirecing tool into your EP.
6. Lightly (so the bauble wont fall off the piercing tool) tap off any extra EP.
7. Hold piercing tool at an angle and then heat set the EP with your heat gun. (be careful not to burn your fingers...lol)
8. OPTIONAL: repeat steps 5 - 7 until you've acheived what you like.
9. Blow cool air or hold bauble to any air source (I used my mini fan on my desk) until it's completely dry and cool and just pop the bauble off the piercing tool.
That's it! Now you have baubles in any fabulous EP colors to match your project! I'll make a card using the baubles I "colored" soon! Have fun bauble coloring!
BTW...these baubles are $2 for a bag about 5 - 6 inches tall and 3 inches wide...THAT'S A LOT OF BAUBLES!!! Think cheap! ;) No wait...BE FRUGAL! :P