4.09.2008

Dahlia Fold Buds in Bloom

This folding technique is super cute. I'm in a dahlia fold swap and this is the card I made for the swap. I didn't want to make a complete "dahlia" so I went with stems instead. Next time though...I'll use lighter weight CS because it was so much harder to fold and I don't really enjoy those "unsightly" crinkles in the folds. Next time! The butterfly is punched and was filled in with Diamond Stickles. I love Zindorf's "white shading" so much, I had to do it too on the "vines"...lol.

Supplies:
CS: RRed, WWhite, WWasabi, & Kraft - DP from Slab
Ink: OOlive
Stamps: Baroque Motifs
Embellishments: Rub-on's by Marcella by K
Others: SU 1 3/8 circle punch, ticket corner punch, Stickles, butterfly punch, & Signo white gel pen



6 comments:

Lesa said...

This is beautiful! Wow!

Jackie said...

Totally cool! I have wasted lots of paper trying that fold and I think I'll just look at other people's cool stuff, like yours!

Joani McDonald said...

Gabby, you did a great job! I just can't get these to fold right. I'd rather just enjoy yours than try to make one.

Your card is fabulous!
Hugs,
Joani

Stampin' Meg said...

Wow- GORGEOUS Gabby!!!

Linsey R said...

OMGosh,Gabby is simply FABBY! I love your dahlia folded flowers, wowzer! I only tried this technique once because I had the darnest time folding those little suckers! You, on the other hand, are a master at it! You rock,gf!

Nicola said...

These are the prettiest things ever. Great job missus.

Hugs
Nic