8.25.2009

No. 10 Reds & Pinks Copic Challenge Creation

Hi ya'll! How's your day going? Mine...rushed! I'm in and out of the house finishing up getting the kids stuff ready for school. Yesterday I finally got Lizzie's uniforms...I almost cried...lol. Oh well...she looks adorable if I say so myself! I'll take pics soon. :D

Anywho...I made this card in chapters...lol. I did the coloring at my MIL's house on Sunday and the card yesterday. Needless to say I was at a loss for a layout but finally threw this together! I made it for Copic Creations Red, Pink, & Hearts challenge. The challenge was to use reds or pinks in the coloring. I've been practicing with the Copics because I paid too much to just shove them to the side like LV did. Not to sound like a hypocrite...but I'm actually liking these more than my Prismas. *GASP* I know...I swore by them but by using Copics...I see now why people swear by THEM! They ARE much easier to blend because of the brush. Anywho...I tried at my coloring a bit different...I used multiples of the same color families. You can click on pics for larger view. Colors are as such:

hair: E47, E38, E15, & E35
clothing: R59, R46, R43, & R20
skin: E02, E00, & R02
others: C3, E50, & 0

Supplies:
CS/DP: CChip, RHRed, PPirrouette, & Bella Rose DP
Ink: CChip
Stamps: Kiki La Roue digi (ATS) & Hanna sentiments
Embellishments: sheer chocolate & pink grograin ribbon
Others: eyelet border punch, Swiss Dots CB folder, hearts die, & lables 1 Nesties

Hugs,

9 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

This is absolutely beautiful Gabby! I love Copics, too, more now that I took a basic class. They are great for blending. Not that I'm kicking my Prismas to the curb - they are outstanding for bold color!

I love the new Kiki La Rue girls - way cute and you did a super job with the challenge.

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous card Gabby!! I love the layout you threw together but so does not look like that! :D

WickedPixie said...

Adorable card and your coloring is gorgeous!! I started out with Prisma's too, and while I loved them and would never put them down, I love the juiciness of my Copics! There are still a few colors in Prisma's (well, one in particular!)that I wish Copic had...:-)Traci

Anonymous said...

Love your card Gabby! Yep, copics are awesome! I missed the day these stamps were released and on sale! boohoo! oh well, gonna need them anyway! THX for playing in the copic creations challenge w/us! Good luck on the prize!
Pam Going Postal

Angie said...

I love it Gabby! I love my copics too, but I've never used prismas so I wouldn't be able to compare. I love your coloring. I can't wait to get more colors, and reds are at the top of my list! I have some on order right now.

~*Joni said...

OMGosh I am sooo happy you are back in full swing! THIS is the bomb Gabby! :D Don't talk too loud, the prismas will rebel and mark your craft room up while you sleep. ;) You did such an amazing job with the coloring, and wow - how bold and talented you are that it is even more flawless when you click on for a closer view. haha! So happy to see you my dear, I am feeling the same way about Maali going to Kindergarten. Sniff sniff..

Unknown said...

adorable, great coloring.

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

This is adorable, Gabby. You did a wonderful job with it. Thanks for joining our Copic Creations challenge.

Tammi said...

I know how you feel, I can't put my copics down, LOVE them! It's so hard coloring with anything else now. You colored her beautifully, she's SO cute!! Love her pearls and the hearts and tags, amazing card!