9.20.2007

My Daughter is at it AGAIN!

So I was so inspired and really hyped up this morning to make cards and what not, but then things got in the way of that (running errands, paying bills, etc...) and then it was time to pick up my son from school, the pick up Elvira (my DD), and then go back to my DS's school for parent conference... Well when we got home I was tired...I didn't mention we went to wash my tank (AKA my Expedition) and well...where was I...right, I got home tired and just wanted to chill when my DD decided she would finally break out the sets she wanted to use for her card for a swap in my group. She had sketched it out and it looked kind of weird and complicated (that's just who she is!), but when I saw it all come together, I was WOWED!!! My DD sure takes my breath away at some of her work! To think she's only 11!!! I've seen a HUGE transformation from her style. Just look at what she made for this pink & black swap!!! There was A LOT of cutting...that I had to do since she sprained a finger during physical ed. She got her inspiration while watching Cinderella! Yup...the "flourishes" are suppose to be the body of the carriage, the pumpkin, well of course, the Princess seat, and the medallions, tires/wheels. What a clever DD of mine! The pumpkin is covered with pink glitter, but you can't see that because I just took this picture a few minutes ago and it's already dark out. Now if only she would learn to do her own "watermark/signature"! Well, no, then she would out do me! Yikes!

Supplies used: (all Stampin' Up! unless mentioned differently)
Basic Black & Cameo Coral cardstock
Cool Cat, Baroque Motifs, Autumn Harvest, & Curvy Verses stamps sets
Versamark Ink
Black & Pink EP from CopperKate (eBay)
Pink glitter from Stampendous
Brads (unknown)

No comments: