11.28.2007

Cards for swaps!!

Here are a few cards I made for the open swaps in my MSN group!

This one was made for the "Reflection" swap. I made an extra one also for a friend who just lost her aunt. I don't like making sympathy cards, it's just sad to, but using this Lovely As A Tree image, I saw it turning into one. Hope I don't have to make anymore sympathy cards in a long time!


This one is for the "Baby, It's Cold Outside!" swap.
For the large snowflake, I used the chipboard flakes sent to me by Andrea Vernagus for the blog candy I won. I used the negative part of the chipboard to draw it in and then traced it with stickles. I hadn't used fibers on cards in a while, so I thought I'd breake them out now...I'm not too happy...but it'll grow on me...lol.


Now this one has a funny story to it. This lets you know how crazy I am about buttons! Here is the details I entered into SCS as this card was also made for today's sketch challenge:
~I had 2 inspirations for this card...one of course sketch 152 provided AND the fact that I have a button obsession! So the story goes as is for the button inspiration: about a month and a half or so ago, I did some serious button shopping on the Bay, I got 3 "baggies" from Autumn Leaves, 3 "boxes" from Basic Grey, & 3 tubes from s.e.i....yeah, I know that's crazy! So, when I receive them, and this was all in 1 day from 2 sellers, hubby says to me..."What do you need SO MANY BUTTONS FOR???!!!" so to that which I replied like Miss Hanna here..."But, I need them!" Yeah, I know I'm a kook! But look...I'm now using them on cards as well rather than just for picture decoration. So..if you read this far...WOW! LOL! Thanks for reading into the mind of this nut case.~
Supplies:
Reflection~
CS: AArtichoke, SSun, & WWhite
Ink: Basic Black & watercolor pencils
Stamps: Lovely As A Tree & Close As A Memory
Embellishments: NONE
Other: NONE
Winter~
CS: BBayou, SSky, & WWhite
Ink: BBayou & SSky
Stamps: Christmas Card & Giving And Receiving (non SU)
Embellishments: Stickles & fibers
Other: Snowflake Cuttlebug folder
Hanna~
CS: PPom, BBlossom, & WWhite - DP (unknown vendor)
Ink: Basic Black, PPassion, & Prismacolor Markers
Stamps: Hana
Embellishments: buttons
Other: NONE

No comments: