1.16.2009

Special Challenge Saturday!!!

Hosted by the awesome Joni at A Sticky Situation! As you can see from yesterday's post...I jumped the gun early! Normally around this time I'm being "occupied" by my mom...but I guess I get a break! Anywho...Joni's challenge is to create a card using the colors of your character of choice. Check out her blog for more deets and how to join in on the fun...winner will get a prize! I chose Sylvester The Cat! Lately I've been using red, white, and black a lot for my creations! I wonder if it has to do with the Twilight series? I hope I'm not disqualified for using some gold! YIKES!

Ok...on to the card for the challenge...lol! I used no other than the precious Geisha Anya (a digital stamp) from The Greeting Farm! I have always loved the Asian look...so I had to out-do myself! This card took me almost 3 hours to put together from beginning to end! WOW...a long time to sit...but worth it in the end! The card measures 9X4! I made 2 copies of Geisha to give some dimension to her kimono & flower! Can you believe I made the hair "pins" from toothpicks and colored them with a black Prisma marker??? How's that for using what you got...in the kitchen! LOL! The scroll was made using bamboo skewers! They're not for meat or veggies anymore! And how cool is that DP? The black is flocked!!! It feels so soft! I also used something else from my forgotten stuff...you see the tiny gold grains on the kimono belt (don't exactly know what they're called)? I had gotten that as a gift about 2 years ago!!! I keep opening boxes and keep finding stuff from EONS ago! Good thing I'm sticking to my resolution...well...at least this one! *rolls eyes* The smaller flowers are punched using Marvy Uchida punches. I don't know if you can tell on her face make-up...but I made it white using a milky white gel pen!!! LOL! I couldn't find my chalks! What I did was that I colored in her face with the gel pen little by little and "dabbed" it on using a Q-tip! I think that's what took the longest aside from the headware! Ahhh...I also used some "dusty" stamps from In Joy Rubber Stamps called Chinese Wishes. I hadn't used that in like 2 years as well! *puts head down* Anya was colored using Prismacolor markers. I plan on framing this card! Whatcha think?

Check out what Joni and Melissa made!


Prismacolor markers used:

Supplies:
CS/DP: RHRed, BBlack, Bright White, & MAMBI DP Black & White-Butterfly
Ink: BBlack & Prismas
Stamps: Digital Geisha Anya & Chinese Wishes IJRS
Embellishments: gold foil stickers, flat back pearls, & brad
Others: ticket notch corner punch, bamboo skewers & toothpick


Hugs,
Gabby

19 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Awesome!!! I love her. I want her, but my printer smears no matter what. So now I gotta get hubby to set up the recently acquired laser printer.

Kathi said...

Wow. Stunning. I love the black, white, and red combo. Your coloring is wonderful, but what made me sit up and say "Wowza!" are all the great detailed touches you added. Well worth the time spent on the card. I'd frame it too!

And I changed your name to Gabby on my blogroll, though I think Gabriela is a gorgeous name!

Ann said...

Awesome card, Gabby! I love this color combo--in fact, I may use it for this challenge, too! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Gabby...I love the details on this card!!! Also love the red, white and black combo! I just started reading the "Twilight" series and cannot put it down...wonderful read!!

~*Joni said...

You stinker! Thank goodness we're not competing against each other...between you and Mel I'd have to delete my card. lol! I luveeee my Fabby Gabby's card! It is beeeautiful, with such great detail. YOU MUST send it to Marie, she would be honored that you are so detailed. Hmmm...I have skewers in my cupboards...and we already ate kabobs...
THANK YOU GABBY! I love this!

Susan said...

WOW!!!! That is just amazing!!! 3 hours, huh? I couldn't do something that in 3 days!! I love that you are framing it!

The Greeting Farm said...

Wow... gorgeous!!! Can I post on the blog for everyone to see?

hugs,
Marie

~*Joni said...

^
|
|
I TOLD YOU!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Gabby, you really hit a home run here! What an awesome work of art! I love all the embellies---too cute!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

She is so darling, super work my dear.

Joy said...

Gabby, this is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicola said...

That's a beautiful card Gabby. I just love it.

Hugs
Nic

Melyssa said...

Wow Gabby this card is the BOMB!! I mean I don't think I can put into words how beautiful no breathtaking this card is. I think my heart stopped when I saw this.

Joani McDonald said...

Awesome! But I would'nt think otherwise! You are the best paper crafter I've seen... And I knew you when... Ü
Come check out my blog Gabby, I've got something for you there!
Hugs,
Joani

Lesli said...

Wow - your card is incredible - I love the details! and I love that stamp!

Stampin' Meg said...

Anya makes a fabulous geisha. Her hair deco.s are incredible ,Gabby!

Sonya said...

Oooohh I so love her! wow beautiful job as always:)

Elena said...

Stunning card!!! Love all your detailed work on Anya's hair decoration! The whole design of the card is awesome!!!

Brocéliane said...

wow gorgeous card, love it :)