3.01.2010

Elvira's 14th birthday TODAY and she was in the hospital!

My poor baby girl turned 14 today and we were in the hospital with her almost all day because she developed tonsillitis and a nasty infection which thankfully didn't turn into Strep. She was given antibiotics and now she's resting on the couch. I just finished this card for her since I was feeling all gross yesterday from my tonsils and didn't have it in me to create anything. I did manage to make one card...but later on felt worst and just napped.

Anywho...this is a card I made for my LV who turned 14 today...March 1st. She loves the poison cupcakes I've crocheted for her. I've made all kinds of "creepy cupcakes" for her...but she was missing a "bio-hazard" cupcake...so I made her one and made the card to match! :) Yeah...she's creepy like that! *giggle* I also made her a "poison potion" which I'll be adding a necklace to. I know...I'm a weird momma huh? But that's her style and she's a good girl...so how can I not allow her to be HER!

I'm also entering this card for a few challenges. One is Farm Fresh Friday-to make a dessert inspired card and the others are for Copic Creations & The Pink Elephant-to use a wee bit o' green.

Well I'm off because I'm tired and sleepy...just wanted to make sure I posted this on my baby girls birthday! :)

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow,I bet she liked it! I do. LOL!

So sorry to hear that your family is still sick. YUCK, that is no fun. The weather doesn't help. Hot, cold, hot, cold. I hope you all are better soon.


Take care,
Jennifer

☼ Cheryl* said...

I hope your daughter is ok now. Out of all the days to become sick :(

Your card is beautiful. I love the cupcake and the posion potion looks cool!

Annie said...

Your a fantastic Mummy - love what you've done and I'm sure your daughter will too. Hope she's feeling better today - poor lamb being ill on your birthday is not on.
Ann xxx
The Pink Elephant Challenge

~*Joni said...

Awww Gabby! Hug her for me! Not fun to celebrate a milestone with doctors all around you (except of course if you're older and it's all plastic surgeons ready to grant you your wish - lol!).
LOVE this card and cupcake! You manage to take an image that I wouldn't normally buy and make me want it!!! Hope she's feeling better, huge hugs to you both. :D

Shaz said...

Love your card and cupcake ver cute together. hope LV is better soon.

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous creations, Gabby!! Hope Miss LV feels better soon...no fun being sick on your birthday!! Happy Belated Birthday LV!!

Rae Anne said...

Happy One-Day-Late Birthday LV!!! MWAH!

Angie said...

OMGoodness, these are awesome Gabby! I hope LV is feeling all better and that things with you and the fam are good as well!

Trudi said...

Oh I love it Gabby! Great job Thanks for joining us this week at TPE!

JenRaff said...

Hope LV is feeling much better! The card and cupcake are fantastic! I'm sure that made her very happy :) Your card should be picked to be cased!

thegirlyouwillneverknow said...

I wanna know what that paper is!!!