3.14.2009

Super Saturday Challenge!

Sorry for my lateness...and not to mention absence. I've been in a funk and well...my crafting mojo disappears with my funk! UGH! It's coming back some! After a nice visit with my uncle and seeing and hearing what he's been thru with now being a cancer survivor 3 years and running after being told he ONLY had 3 to 6 months to live...well...my "issues" pale in comparison! So after crying with him and then just cracking up because my mom is such the jokester...I'm feeling a lighter shade of blue! *wink*

So today is Saturday...if you didn't know that yet...WAKE UP! LOL! So I ALMOST missed my post for Melissa's turn to host the Saturday Super Challenge! DANG was it a challenge...in a few ways too! First...Mel's challenge was to use a sketch courtesy of sketchlovers.com! I am SOOOO not good AT ALL when making my images at a slant so that's challenge #1! Challenge #2...coming out of my funk! Challenge #3...my coloring hand is in a splint because my CT is acting up again! Challenge #4...LV double dog dared me to use her Copics to make my card! DANG...I can't believe I survived it! LOL! So...alas...here is my sad and pathetic attempt at Mel's sketch challenge!

So...how's this for Miss Independent? Sophie doesn't miss her man away working his butt off...lol...looks like me...except I would be at a desk stamping...lol!!! Sophie is the Real Housewife of the Forest!
Check out what Mel & Joni made! They kicked butt with it! And I have to say I am so proud I even wiped a tear away! Melissa used her new Prismacolor Markers for the challenge and all thanks to my pushing Prismas...lol! High five chica!
POST EDIT: OMG I am seriously loosing it! I forgot to say that I hope you participate in this challenge! If and when you do...upload your card to SCS using the keyword BLOGC5! Then leave a comment letting Mel know! :)

Supplies:
CS/DP: CChip, WWasabi, Textured River Rock like, Textured Bashful Blue like, Bright White, & DP from scraps
Ink: BBlack & Copics-B26, B23, B41, E47, E37, E35, E33, E34, E18, E29, G82, G24, R20, N1, N3, Y15, Y17, YG25, & YG17
Stamps: Spa Sophie & Timber Riley
Embellishments: "banana" ribbon
Others: 1 1/4 circle punch & Copic Air Can

Hugs,
Gabby

2 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Oh my goodness Gabs! You are a nut. Sorry about your funk, but keep on coloring girlfriend, you'll be out of it in no time.

Hey, I raise a glass to your uncle. 3 years!! That's awesome!! Give him a big hug from me. Tell him I'm glad he's still here and to just keep on keeping on.

Now for your card... if that's what you do with a splinted hand then I'm selling everything and giving up 'cause I will never catch up to you! Your card is AWESOME! I love how Sophie is just kicking back and doing the soak part of her hooficure and Riley is busting his back for her!!!

I am glad that I made you proud! *she blushes 3 shades of red* I had to wipe a tear or two for bragging on me. I am so ready to place another order! I think I should get to since hubby gets a trip to Scotland this year. Right?

Anonymous said...

As usual Gabby rocky road - an awesome card! Too cute!