4.06.2009

A start to a new week!

Happy Monday everyone! First off I want to thank each and everyone of you who have been sending my mom well wishes. She's doing good and has been resting and has been treated like a Queen! She doesn't like it as she'd rather be up and cooking...lol...but she has to deal with it! My sister came from Arizona to check up on her and she tells me she's so thankful for me taking care of her. That made my day and I hope it's a sign of good things to come this week.
Queen
Finally I had some time to chill yesterday and just STAMP! My DH helped me out around the house and even cooked so I can get some me time. Hopefully I can catch up with my sleep now...lol. I slept 4 hours last night...so I'm just hoping to catch up because I NEED my 8 hours! Anywho...here is a card ( a series of 4) I made for a friends swap that calls for using digi stamps. I took 2 spots and for this spot chose to use Jena Baking from Little Paper Shop. I've been playing with LV's Copics to test drive them and have them make friends with my babies...my Prismas! They're getting along famously! I also ran across and old challenge to use faux stitching and so I went with it! I need to start trying new things AND getting back to the old. The old in this card is using smaller dies such as the greenery. I also finally used Lables 4...I have now used all 4...lol! Come on Spellbinders...bring on some more lables! ALSO...something else that's new is a shading technique I read up on SCS by the FABBO CandiceL! Jesus I love her coloring!!! Candice...if you happen to drop by and read this...YOU INSPIRE ME to improve my coloring! Thanks for the shading technique! Whatcha think?

Check in tomorrow for There She Goes Tuesday! I'm sure you'll get a kick out of it!


Copics used: E00, E02, 100, E35, E34, R43, R20, R29, Y08, Y13, N5, N3, N1, & 0

Supplies:
CS/DP: PPirrouette, Bright White, Yellow Bazzil Bling, & DP by unknown vendor
Ink: BBlack & Copics
Stamps: Sweet Celebrations by Taylored Expressions & digi stamp Jena Baking by Little Paper Shop
Embellishments: leaves die/punch
Others: white gel pen, scalloped punch, circle punches, Lables 4, & piercing tool

Hugs,
Gabby

5 comments:

Velta said...

Hey Gabby! Glad to see your mom doing better...I love this card and the image is precious :)

Melissa Craig said...

Gabby this card is sooo pretty! You are one awesome Trend Setter - they need to keep you.

Nicola said...

Glad your mom is doing better. You all have been in my thoughts.

Hugs
Nic

Sonya said...

Wow this is really pretty! I love the dies you used.

Unknown said...

OK....now I need labels 4...thanks a lot! Super card.