10.19.2007

Reduce Scraps Continues

Hi all, just finally getting in after a crazy day of making my DS's treats for school on Halloween. I'll upload those later. For the meanwhile, here are a couple cards I made using scraps. In my goal to reducing scraps, I've found the challenge very relaxing. I'm actually beginning to like combining DP...even if it's stripes and dots...something I never liked doing before. I'm also using WRAK images I've received. I received this Whipper Snapper image from Maria a while back along with other WS images and this is my 3rd. time using them. I really like this one here. I'm on a mission to purchase it now. I've been gooind in using my stamps like hubby said too...lol...so I have permission to make a small purchase. I wish I hadn't used this image though. I screwed it up by coloring it in with my markers. As you can see, this is a BIG UGH!!! All those nasty marker lines. I just found my Prismacolor markers this morning, I'm gonna go back and try to salvage this card. I'll update if I'm successful.

Supplies:
CS: Green Galore, Close To Cocoa, Yo Yo Yellow & Whisper White
DP: unknown vendor
Ink: Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, & Zig markers
Embellishments: "fiber" unknown & eyelet
Others: dimensionals


Here is another project reduce scraps card. I'm more in like with this one. My youngest DD chose this stamp set for this card. She liked the little figure with the pin wheel...lol. This one was a lot more fun to work with because along with reducing scraps, I'm also trying to reduce flowers! I have TONS!!! I buy in excess at times without even realizing it and then when I got to use whatever it is I bought in excess and go WOOAH! LOL! I read on Beate's blog about making scallopes without scissors and had to try it out. It was a hit! Now I'm finding myself making scallops everywhere...lol. Anyways, hope you enjoy this post. I'm really at a loss for words and feel a bit sleep deprived because I was up until almost 2 in the AM making my DS's pop corn sliders and a few cards.
Supplies:
CS: Close To Cocoa, Old Olive, & Whisper White
DP: unknown vendor
Stamps: You're Neat
Ink: Basic Black & Zig Markers
Embellishments: brads, buttons, & flowers...oh my!
Others: corner rounder punch for scallops

2 comments:

Maria said...

Wow, fabulous cards! I do love the WS image! If you color it with the Prismacolor Markers you can definitely salvage the card. . .I think only the cat needs a little help (sorry!), the dog and the mouse looks great!

Great use of scraps. . .and love the scallops and flowers!

Maria

Sonya said...

Love the scalloped edges and the card is just so cute.