10.15.2007

Watercolor paper is no longer just for

...watercoloring! Upon reading Julie Buhler's other blog on using SU markers on watercolor paper to get the "faux" look of copics without spending the big BUCK BUCK BUCKS...I decided to try this out. Of course it looks nothing close to what Julie shows in her tutorial (which I swear I'll find later to post edit onto here)...but it was worth the try! I always find it hard to color on regular paper without leaving the streaks...ewww...and coloring on watercolor paper is just AWE!!!! NO STREAKS!!!!! Here I stamped the big guy with Staz-On onto 140 # watercolor paper (yes, WC paper, especially a heavy weight can be costy, but would you rather spend $25 - $50 on stacks of WC paper OR $600 on copics??? Yeah, I thought so!) and colored him in using my regular Zig markers!!! Not SU markers...ZIG! I made him for a swap on SCS called Obscure Holiday. Obscure Holiday swap is a swap for those "unknown" or "uncelebrated" holidays. Did you know March 1st. is Peanut Butter Lovers Day? I didn't, until I read on it. I mentioned March 1st because it just happens to be my LV's birthday. I shouldn't have told her that because now she wants peanut butter everything for her 12th birthday! GREAT! Anywho, the "obscure holiday" I chose was Men Make Dinner Day! Yes, my hubby is a chef...but he'll be danged if he cooks at home...lol. So this card is in honor to him! LOL! Notice the Recess Pieces? Yes, I was snacking and thought it was a good front drop prop for the picture...lol. I'm now losing it!
Supplies:
CS: Really Rust & Close To Cocoa
Watercolor Paper: Arches 140 #
Stamps: Voila, Voila To Go, & Amazing to Zany
Ink: Staz-On (black) & Zig Markers
Embellishments: silver brads
Others: Ticket punch
HAPPY UPDATE!!!! I FOUND JULIE'S FAUX COPICS TECHNIQUE!!! YAYAH!!! HERE IS THE LINK: http://paperpleasing.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/10/no-copics-no-pr.html

3 comments:

Sonya said...

Awesome job Gabby! I love how wonderful the coloring looks on this paper! fantastic job as always!

Anonymous said...

Gabby,

You are awesome I love your work & depth. Keep going girl!!
Toodles
Kathy

Kay Kalthoff said...

Fantastic coloring! And you know what . . . those brads really, really caught my eye! I also love the colors. TFS!

My hubby was a line cook during his early college years. And, yes, I was the waitress. Now I'm the cook and the waitress!!