1.02.2008

New Year...New Techniques!

My friend Sonya hosted a Secret Santa swap in our MSN group and I received a Pergamano kit from my secret santa Candy! I have ALWAYS wanted to try out this technique but felt somewhat intimidated by it because it's just to beautiful of a technique for me to mess up...lol. I had the kit unopened for a while and I finally decided to rip it open and give it a shot! So I went for it and I can say I'm happy with my first try. Not how some would envision the use of Pergamano since you can create BEAUTIFUL projects with it, but I would say it's "fair"...lol. I traced the morning glory flower from the SU Morning Soft set using the ink that's included in the kit and then I went over the tracing from the back with the embossing pen and then shaded it in using my Prismacolor markers. The edges are scalloped using my corner rounder punch and the punched holes where made using my Crop-A-Dile. I'm sending this one to Sonya since she did a great job hosting...plus she won a goodie package so this is her "Congrats" card! Hope she likes!

Supplies:
CS: Wild Wasabi & Pergamano parchment paper
Ink: BBlack for greeting & Prismacolor markers
Stamps: Congratulations sentiment from vendor unknown
Embellishments: ribbon
Others: Crop-A-Dile, corner rounder punch, & embossing pen

7 comments:

UrgentCookie said...

This card is absolutely beautiful! Great work. :0)

Donna Baker said...

wow Gabby - this is BEAUTIFUL! just breathtaking

Rosella said...

This is beautiful! WOW! This technique totally intimidates me!

A.Lee said...

This is breathtaking! It must have taken a while. I love just staring at it. I'm sure Sonya will be so happy to receive this.

Niki Estes said...

Gorgeous! What a fun technique!

Maria said...

Holy! Your card is GORGEOUS Gabby! How nice of Sonya to gift you such lovely gift! I've seen this technique on some other person's blog site but I really love your card! It's fabulous!

Maria

kathleenh said...

Wow! This is such a beautiful card. It makes me want to give this technique a try.