1.17.2008

Thursdays Way To Challenge...DOUBLE WHAMMY!

Hey there, still battling the blood sugar levels and I think they're finally going up because I'm feeling lots better. So anyways, today's "Way To" challenge over at SCS was to use embossing powder in any way shape or form and I tried out 2 techniques, the cracked glass technique & the embossing resist! I had tried the cracked glass before, but I guess I was too anxious to see the results, I didn't leave it in the freezer long enough and I didn't get the "cracked" effect like I wanted it too...however, it did turn out fair. I wonder if I still have it in my files! Anywho...these cards I made today I think, in my own opinion of course, are great! I love them very much...especially the embossing resisit one. I love that look! Anywho...thanks for looking!


Supplies (cracked glass):
CS: BBlack & WWhite
Ink: BBlack, Versamark, & Vintage Photo Distress Ink (RA)
Stamps: From The Garden by Fancy Pants & Touch Of Nature by SU
Embellishments: UTEE, black sheer ribbon, & metal "sentiment"
Others: Freezer


Supplies (embossing resist):
CS: BBlack & WWhite
Ink: Versamark, BBlack, & Peeled Paint Distress Ink (RA)
Stamps: From The Garden by Fancy Pants & Boho Blossoms by MFT
Embellishments: Blingage
Others: cotton balls

5 comments:

UrgentCookie said...

These cards are great! I like the way your cracked glass turned out. :0)

Michelle said...

I like both of your cards, too! You did a great job on the emboss resist. Mine never turns out so clean. And the cracked glass is one of my fave techniques, and you more than did it justice!

Sandra Smart said...

Both of the card are beautiful! And I am glad to hear that you are feeling better! Take care of yourself!

Joani McDonald said...

Gabby, these are too stinkin' awesome!!! I just l♥ve ALL of your creations!
Hugs,
Joani

Anonymous said...

I really like the cracked card! it still came out just perfect!! thank you for posting it!