10.03.2009

Hey Dude!

Hey all...and Happy World Card Making Day! I hope you're busy making cards today and not just laying around or doing house chores...that would be horrible! The dishes can wait for tomorrow...LMBO! Besides...you can always buy disposable plates, cups, and etc...if your kids and hubby or significant other get hungry and wanna eat! Plus...don't you have fast food places near you? Come on...no excuses! :P Yeah...I know...I live a fantasy life (in my head)! Check this out for some Wolrd Card Making Day history!

Anyways...this is the very first card I made this morning! I wanted to make sure I had a post in with at least one card for today (or right now). It's also in-sync with The Greeting Farm's Farm Fresh Friday's "About A Boy" challenge. Boy cards are hard to come up with as we can't add all these cute embellishments like flat back bling or flowers etc...so I did my best to not only make this card for boys...but to also make it "cute" without being girlie. Whatcha think? Masculine enough? The swirl on the card represents "the wave"...see story below! ;)

Since the title of the challenge was "About A Boy"...let me tell a little story about this boy!

***There was a very young boy named Jake. He came from a family of surfer dudes...all blond long hair surfers but Jake was the only one born with brown hair and NOT the typical surfer dude. He was born in Santa Monica, CA in the 60's to a wild hippie/bohemian chick...right on the beach...so it was in his nature to be a beach boy.

One day he was walking along the Santa Monica pier when he saw one of his brothers off in the distance taking on a gnarly wave. He had never been excited to see a wave so fierce and not just that...but his own blood riding it. So he decided he would try it out! Not wanting to look bad in the eyes of his brothers...he decided to take on the family trait. So he went out into the water with his bermuda shorts on and long board in hand not really knowing what to do and paddled out to sea! He waited and waited until just the perfect wave came along. This wave was beautiful...even the sun shone off of it making it appear even more majestic than the one he had seen his brother ride. Jake prepared himself...feeling the surfer in him kick in...he paddled and paddled until he caught enough speed to stand up and ride the wave. His brothers chilling on the shore even stood there with their mouths wide open as the catch the sight of Jake riding what seemed to be the perfect wave. He rode that wave as if he had been riding waves for centuries...even the surfer Gods would be proud of him right now.

As he finished riding the wave and got to shore...his brothers stood there with much pride in their little brother. They ran to him and hugged him and high fived him and even carried him as they chanted 'Jakey, Jakey'. Jake felt proud...not just proud that he rode a wave...not to mention he rode it with grace and style...but that for once in his 17 years of life...he felt the love and support from his older brothers and felt as if he belonged.

History tell that Jake grew up to become thee best surfer in the world, became a millionaire and got married to a most wonderful surfer gal/model and live in Hawaii. They had one child...his name...Rider.***


I'm an awful story teller huh? But you get the picture...lol! So this card I made is in tribute to Jake...my surfer dude and in contribution for World Card Making Day!!! :D Hope you enjoyed my little story and the card! I hope you also enjoy World Card Making Day! Have fun and happy stamping! I'll be back later on with another card! My goal is for 3 posts today! ;)

Copics:
Supplies:
CS/DP: CChip, Kraft, Bazzil Bling Blue, & C.C. Designs white CS
Ink: Momento Black, CChip, & Copics
Stamps: My Guy (The Greeting Farm)
Embellishments: brads & swirl (got it from a swap kit)
Others: Top Note die, oval Coluzzle, & Swiss Dots CB folder





5 comments:

Nicola said...

Great card missus. I love the little story you told with it.

Happy Card Making Day

Hugs
Nic

Claireabelle said...

fab card and a fab story!
x

~*Joni said...

Gabby I am so mad at you. I cannot believe you spilled the story of my first marriage to Jake, and my private life of being a surfer/model. I guess it was all going to come out eventually... Now I have to let Kalil know that his name used to be Rider...and that Aunty Gabby has a picture of his gorgeous daddy on her blog. I've got some explaining to do...

(bwahahaha!)

Melissa Craig said...

LOL - I don't which is better... your story or the one where Joni thinks that it's about her! ROTFLMAO!!!

You know what? I'll just go with the card. The card is FABULOUS!! Love it girlfriend.

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous card Gabby!!