10.09.2009

Sugar Skull Saturday

I just HAD to change the blog title...it sounded kinda gross...LMBO! I'm freshly woken up so I'm not as loopy as when I posted last night...yeah I can get loopy like that! I've been on pain meds and well...you know the rest! My carpal tunnel is still acting up. Oscar called my doctor and she said if it keeps up by Monday...to go in to get some tests done and maybe prep me for surgery! NOOOOOO...not surgery! That's the last thing I need right now. Plus I'm horrified of hospitals now after my whole mom ordeal how she went in for fractures and didn't come out anymore after her last visit.

Speaking of my mom...Monday the 12th would have been her 73rd birthday. We're going to the cemetery to celebrate her day with a cake and some music. She was always a happy person so music is a must. The cemetery only allows 10 minutes of music...so I need to make a short compilation with her favorite music. So in honor of my mom's birthday...I made this card with Bombshell Stamps new line of Sugar Skulls stamps. I was so excited when I pre-ordered these stamps! I couldn't wait to receive them...lol. This stamp set remind me so much of the artist Sylvia Ji. She has a wonderful collection of "calaveras"...just check it out! {Sylvia Ji} On page 0 picture 11...that art has got to be my favorite...it's called 'La Catrina'.

Ok...I'll cut this one short once again... Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

~*Joni said...

Happy Birthday to you mommy Gabby! What a wonderful way to still remember her and celebrate her life. I never realized certain rules applied for music at cemeteries but it makes sense.
This card is amazing! I'll have to go and check out that link as I am sure her artwork is incredible. Have a wonderful weekend Gabby, love ya tons!

Sheri Gilson said...

Happy Birthday to your mommy Gabby! What a wonderful way to celebrate her memory & life!! (((hugs)))

Cindy Haffner said...

Amazing girl!!!

GlitteryKatie said...

Ooooh Gabby- I ADORE THIS!!!!!
Fantastic job!

WickedPixie said...

Striking card Gabby! And I am sending you good wishes on your mom's birthday for remembering good times and not being too sad.
Hugs, Traci

Alyssa S said...

Wow! This is amazing ;o)

Kathi said...

Totally beautiful card.