10.04.2009

World Card Making Day Hangover

Hey all...are you still recovering from World Card Making Day? I am...lol...I had a massive hangover! LOL! Seriously...I woke up with a nasty headache and my tummy ached and I felt nausea! LOL! I got over it though checking out the leftover on SCS challenges! :P

I made this card here for the Sugar Nellie challenge. A sketch was issued and I went for it. Plus I haven't used my Gorjuss Girls a lot...so I had to join in on the challenge. Read more about the challenge here: Sugar Nellie WCMD09K. Lately I've been using a lot of sketches to work my card...and I love it because sometimes I can't think of great LO's! I need that extra KICK to get me going. Plus the sketch provided was super fun and out of the "norm" for me. I also decided to break out Big Bertha again since I already got it use to me. LV's been teaching me to use more than just the zig-zag and straight sew on just one card. I swear this girl...UGH! LOL! Now I'm hooked on sewing different patterns.

This next item I made was for the Magnolia challenge! We were asked to make either an ornament OR a card with an ornament hanging. I have TONS of round coasters that I haven't used so I decided to go for it and break those out. I think I'll be making my own ornament using my favorite stamp companies for my tree this year. :D Maybe that'll be my theme this year? We'll see how that goes! Read up on the challenge here: Magnolia-licious Ornaments WCMD09F. Pretty cool eh? ;)

Ok...I'll let you go now! I'm having a major malfunction in my brain...I think I'm losing mojo! I tried to make another card to post tomorrow but can't shake anything out! I need more challenges! LOL! Hopefully I can shake off this bug and keep my mojo. Maybe I'm thinking that in a few days it's my mom's birthday...she would have been turning 73 on the 12th. God I miss her so... :(

5 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

WOW!! You have been one busy girl this weekend!! Okay...I LOVE your first card!! Your dark coloring is flippin' AMAZING!!

Melissa Craig said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Oh my goodness both projects are amazing!!

Ann said...

This is FAB, Gabby! I LOVE the colors!

WickedPixie said...

Great cards! I LOVE the GG one! :-)Traci

Kim said...

VERY CUTE CARD.....YOU DID AND AWESOME JOB.....
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...I HAVE BECOME A FOLLOWER
AND WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO JOIN MINE. ALSO COME
OVER TO
http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.com/
AN CHECK OUT OUR FUN CHALLENGE WE HAVE GOING
ON AND THE PRIZES ARE AWESOME THIS TIME AROUND
AND THEN POP ON OVER TO THE STORE TO SEE WHAT
OUR CREATORS HAVE....
BIG HUGS
CJ
http://stampenwithcj.blogspot.com/